News
10375 stories
-
Iraola signs two-year Liverpool deal and explains why Anfield was irresistible
Andoni Iraola has been confirmed as Liverpool's new manager on a two-year contract, succeeding Arne Slot just five days after the Dutchman's sacking. The 43-year-old turned down approaches from Crystal Palace and Bayer Leverkusen to take charge ahead of the 2026/27 season.
Football -
Rogan praises MVP's Netflix debut but doubts Scott Coker's $60m MMA comeback
Joe Rogan called MVP MMA's 17 million Netflix viewers a win for the sport but questioned whether Scott Coker's new promotion, backed by $60 million, has enough capital to survive the costs of running a serious MMA organisation.
MMA -
Liverpool appoint Andoni Iraola on two-year deal to replace sacked Arne Slot
Andoni Iraola has been confirmed as Liverpool's new manager, signing a two-year contract at Anfield. The 43-year-old Spaniard leaves Bournemouth, whom he guided to a record sixth-place Premier League finish, to succeed Arne Slot.
Football -
Hamilton arrives at Monaco paddock on ultra-rare £60,000 Ducati Panigale V4 S 100
Lewis Hamilton turned heads at Monaco Grand Prix media day by pulling up to the paddock on a limited-edition silver Ducati Panigale V4 S 100 — one of only 100 units built worldwide to mark the Italian marque's centenary.
Formula 1 -
France vs Ivory Coast: Mbappé starts as centre-forward with Olise, Cherki and Thuram
Didier Deschamps unveiled his starting XI for the friendly match against Ivory Coast on Wednesday at 21:10 in Nantes as preparation for the 2026 World Cup. Kylian Mbappé is deployed as centre-forward, supported by a trio of Olise-Cherki-Thuram.
Football -
Las Vegas Grand Prix locked in on F1 calendar until 2037 after decade-long extension
Formula 1 has signed a 10-year contract extension with Clark County and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, securing the Las Vegas Grand Prix on the calendar until at least 2037. The deal builds on the race's debut in 2023 and its rapid rise as one of the sport's marquee events.
Formula 1 -
Sandro urges Tottenham to back De Zerbi like Arsenal backed Arteta and warns of summer exits
Former Spurs midfielder Sandro, who played under Roberto De Zerbi at Benevento, says Tottenham must give their new head coach full backing and the right players — and warns that Richarlison and Cristian Romero could both leave this summer.
Football -
Al-Ittihad rules out Walid Regragui, explores other options for manager role
Saudi club Al-Ittihad, searching for a manager after Sergio Conceiçao's departure, has not pursued Walid Regragui. According to Saudi media, no negotiations were ever initiated with the former Morocco national team coach.
Football -
Berrada pledges disciplined transfer approach as United target Ederson and midfield reinforcements
Manchester United chief executive Omar Berrada has outlined the club's summer transfer strategy, vowing to resist agent pressure and replicate last year's recruitment model that helped United climb from 15th to third in the Premier League.
Football -
Berrada confirms Manchester United plan five signings to mirror last summer's overhaul
CEO Omar Berrada says United will replicate the approach that brought Cunha, Mbeumo, Sesko and Lammens to Old Trafford, targeting five new signings with a mix of Premier League-proven and overseas talent.
Football -
Caroline Weir says Fifa and Uefa must answer Israel questions, not Scotland players
Scotland women's captain Caroline Weir has deflected political questions about their upcoming World Cup qualifying double header against Israel to football's governing bodies, saying players are placed in "a very tricky position" by such decisions.
Football -
McMahon, Tuttosi and five others confirmed as Exeter Chiefs Women's departures
Former Ireland captain Edel McMahon and Canada hooker Emily Tuttosi headline a group of seven players leaving Exeter Chiefs Women at the end of the 2025/26 Premiership Women's Rugby season. McMahon has missed the entire campaign following double knee surgery, while Tuttosi returns to Canada to pursue a coaching career.
Rugby -
Australia end 1,300-day SVNS drought with Valladolid final comeback win over South Africa
Australia claimed their first men's SVNS trophy in more than 1,300 days in Valladolid, overturning a 14-0 deficit to beat South Africa 26-19 in the Cup Final. Henry Hutchison was named Player of the Final after leading the remarkable turnaround.
Rugby -
Alex Scott embraces England training camp role after missing World Cup squad cut
Bournemouth midfielder Alex Scott, 22, was left out of Thomas Tuchel's 26-man World Cup squad but accepted an invitation to join England's Florida training camp and is set to win his first cap against New Zealand in Tampa on Saturday.
Football -
Alex Scott predicts Iraola will revive Klopp-era pressing football at Liverpool
Bournemouth midfielder Alex Scott says incoming Liverpool manager Andoni Iraola plays a style reminiscent of Jurgen Klopp's early teams, citing the Spaniard's aggressive pressing and the personal improvement he delivered to players at the Vitality Stadium.
Football -
EFL chief executive Trevor Birch to step down at end of 2026-27 season
Trevor Birch has informed the EFL board of his intention to leave at the conclusion of the 2026-27 campaign, ending a six-year tenure that began in January 2021. The announcement follows the re-election of chair Rick Parry for a further three-year term.
Football -
UFC to weave American history segments into White House card on June 14
The UFC will replace its usual promotional content with patriotic vignettes celebrating America's 250th anniversary during its White House event on June 14, headlined by Ilia Topuria vs. Justin Gaethje for the lightweight title.
MMA -
Antonelli dismisses Russell's title-pressure claim with 43-point lead after five rounds
Kimi Antonelli has rejected George Russell's assertion that the 2026 Formula 1 championship is the 19-year-old's to lose. Antonelli leads Russell by 43 points after four consecutive wins, but insists it is too early to speak of a title with 17 races remaining.
Formula 1 -
Berrada outlines United's summer transfer plan as Ederson deal nears completion
Manchester United chief executive Omar Berrada has set out a disciplined transfer strategy for the summer, promising to replicate last year's recruitment model. A £35 million agreement with Atalanta for Brazilian midfielder Ederson is already understood to be in place.
Football -
Ballon d'Or 2026: Harry Kane favourite ahead of Dembélé and Declan Rice
With 61 goals in 51 matches for Bayern Munich, Harry Kane emerges as the clear favourite for the 2026 Ballon d'Or according to current odds, ahead of Ousmane Dembélé, winner of the Ligue des Champions, and Declan Rice, crowned Premier League champion with Arsenal.
Football