Man United reject Galatasaray's bid to double Fernandes' salary as transfer window heats up
Manchester United will rebuff Galatasaray's approach for captain Bruno Fernandes, who the Turkish club hoped to lure with a doubled salary. Meanwhile, Arsenal's pursuit of Julian Alvarez is complicated by Atletico Madrid's refusal to sell at any price, and Manchester City face a steep premium to land Enzo Fernandez from Chelsea.
Manchester United have moved to shut down Galatasaray’s pursuit of captain Bruno Fernandes, with the club making clear the 31-year-old Portuguese midfielder is not for sale despite the Turkish side preparing a financial package that would have doubled his current wages.
Galatasaray had been determined to land a marquee signing this summer and structured their approach around a salary offer designed to tempt Fernandes away from Old Trafford. United’s response has been unequivocal: the club’s captain is unavailable at any price.
Alvarez blow for Arsenal
Arsenal’s hopes of signing Atletico Madrid striker Julian Alvarez have suffered a significant setback. Atletico manager Diego Simeone confirmed he will leave the former Manchester City forward out of the squad for their La Liga opener on Wednesday as Alvarez pushes for a move to Barcelona. Atletico CEO Miguel Angel Gil Marin has stated the club would not entertain offers even at €200m, effectively pricing out any rival interest and pointing the Argentine toward the Camp Nou.
City face Fernandez premium
Manchester City remain interested in Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernandez but now face paying considerably more than the £120m Chelsea were seeking last week after City missed the Blues’ Friday deadline for offers. City have also agreed to sign 18-year-old midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi for £85m, a move funded in part by the sale of Ballon d’Or winner Rodri to Barcelona in a deal worth up to £65m.
Liverpool cool on Mbaye, eye Barcola
Liverpool appear to have stepped back from a move for Paris Saint-Germain forward Ibrahim Mbaye despite earlier reports suggesting terms had been agreed with the 18-year-old. Attention at Anfield has shifted toward Mbaye’s PSG teammate Bradley Barcola, a France international also coveted by Arsenal. PSG are expected to demand around £145m for Barcola, but Liverpool are prepared to take a patient approach to negotiations rather than meet that valuation immediately.
Kane relaxed over Bayern future
Harry Kane says both he and Bayern Munich are calm about his contract situation as talks over an extension are set to begin imminently. The England captain, 33, has entered the final year of his deal at the Allianz Arena. “The talks will begin this week or next,” Kane told Bild. “We will start the discussions, and as I’ve already said, we’re relaxed. I think they’re relaxed about the situation as well.”
Read also
-
Football ·Rashford mentoring United youngsters as permanent return grows more likely
-
Football ·Zidane reveals his first France squad on September 17 for the Nations League
-
Football ·Philippe Diallo set to officially oppose Infantino ahead of 2027 FIFA election
-
Football ·Stadium funding dispute drives Todd Boehly to sell his Chelsea stake
-
Football ·BBC fear Match of the Day pundit exodus as clashes emerge ahead of new Premier League season
-
Football ·Real Betis close in on €20m Parrott deal after West Ham's valuation talks collapse