SportsCatch
EN

Fazil claims 15 men stormed his hotel room before KO loss at DWCS 2026

Namo Fazil says a group of around 15 men forced their way into his hotel room during his weight cut ahead of his knockout loss to Kaik Brito in the main event of Dana White's Contender Series Week 2.

2 min read
Fazil claims 15 men stormed his hotel room before KO loss at DWCS 2026
Share

Namo Fazil has alleged that approximately 15 men stormed his hotel room while he was cutting weight on weigh-in day, claiming the confrontation left him physically compromised before his knockout defeat to Kaik Brito in the main event of Dana White’s Contender Series Week 2 on Tuesday.

Fazil, who was already exhausted and close to his target weight, says a hard knock at his hotel door preceded the incident. When his coach opened it, around 15 men — whom Fazil identified as Chechens — entered the room. He claims one of them slapped him in an apparent attempt to provoke a fight, and that he held back until a second slap forced him to respond. His coaches intervened to break up the confrontation before police arrived.

“While cutting weight for my Dana White’s Contender Series fight, about 15 Chechens showed up at the hotel room where I was staying on weigh-in day,” Fazil wrote on Instagram in his native language. “I was completely exhausted. My family had gone out. My coaches were playing Xbox in the room, while I was lying down. About three minutes later, the door was knocked on hard. My coach opened the door, and about 15 people came in. They had come there with a purpose.”

Fazil added: “I told him I wouldn’t throw the first punch. Then he came at me and slapped me. I said, ‘Be a man. If you want to fight, we’ll fight. I’m not afraid of you.’ Then he slapped me a second time. At that point, I stood up and started throwing punches. Things got chaotic in an instant. And this happened at a moment when I was physically almost dead from cutting weight.”

The alleged backstory traces to comments Fazil reportedly made about Chechnya in the lead-up to his victory over Chechen fighter Yakub Sulimanov last year. Adding intrigue to the situation, Baisangur Susurkaev — a teammate of UFC star Khamzat Chimaev — posted cryptic Instagram stories shortly after Fazil’s knockout loss, though no direct connection has been established.

Fazil’s account has not been independently verified, and no charges or official statements have been reported at this stage.

Share
{# Sitewide native fullscreen interstitial — our own bet-CTA card blown up to a takeover (replaces the SDK overlay). The shared card animations + countdown load once, AFTER the interstitial markup, so the countdown script's first tick sees this card's node too (the in-read card, in
above, already exists). One include covers both surfaces. #}